SubmitIT for Microsoft Office file conversion
SubmitIT speeds and automates the process of getting files repaired or converted by IT help desk staff. It provides an easy, one-click solution for submitting a Microsoft Office file for remediation as well as automatically restoring the file back to the desktop after it is repaired.
SubmitIT automates and expedites the Microsoft Office repair process
With one-click users can send all their broken files to a secure network share for repair or file conversion. This action automatically triggers an email "trouble ticket" to be sent to the appropriate IT help desk staff. Once the staff fixes the problem, the repaired files are automatically pushed back to the user’s desktop.
Benefits of using SubmitIT
The benefits of using SubmitIT include:
- Money and time saved from lost productivity and business interruption
- Protection of an enterprise's intellectual property contained in those files
- More efficient IT staff and lower IT management costs
- More productive employees who can get their files fixed fast
Some of the main features of SubmitIT include:
- Each desktop has an individual upload/download folder so individual users files are easy to find and hidden from other users
- Email notifications are automatically generated and sent to the help desk when files are uploaded
- Users are automatically notified when files have been moved to their download folder and are ready for use
- Files can be deleted automatically from the download folder as users download
- Log files track each file that uploaded and downloaded so users can easily check the status of their files
Helping users manage their files
Users select the specific files they want to upload to the help desk and register them in SubmitIT. SubmitIT copies the files to an upload location on the network and sends an email notification to the help desk that includes a list of files that were uploaded.
When the remediation is complete, the help desk places the files in a unique download folder on the network. SubmitIT monitors the download folder and automatically downloads the files and notifies the desktop user of the download and the file's availability for use.
Organizing enterprise processes
SubmitIT keeps a record of each file that was uploaded and downloaded so users can quickly and easily check the status of the files that were submitted.